Racetrack-level twisties, a beautiful sunrise view point, a historical fort in ruins and a Korean supermarket with authentic, delicious Korean snacks makes the Penukonda sunrise circuit, a delight to ride on a motorcycle. 💯❤️
The Penukonda sunrise circuit, a 280 kms ride loop – takes one through the dual-carriage straight NH-44 till Penukonda, onto the racetrack-finish curves leading to the beautiful sunrise view point, followed by the ruins of the Penukonda Fort and then to Seoul Store, a full-range Korean supermarket with authentic Korean snacks, beverages and more.
Post this one can head back to Bengaluru via 2 routes.
- Penukonda > Pavagada > Madhugiri > Tumkur > Bengaluru
- Ride back the NH44 via Penukonda > Bagepalli > Devanahalli > Bengaluru
- Best Time to Ride:
- Early morning
- Avoid weekends, since the traffic back in Bengaluru kills the mojo of the beautiful ride ☹️
- Try to leave early to catch the sunrise on the Penukonda Hill – it is a beautiful place to unwind, hang-out, take pictures and chill.
- Road & Route Condition:
- Perfect for a super sport, fantastic tarmac all along
- Ideal for Solo Riders, Women Riders and small groups of upto 4-6 motorcyclists
- The racetrack-like twisties leading to the sunrise point and to the top of Penukonda hill is a short one, but has fantastic view points all the way up – so ride it slow, soak-in the views and respect the speed limits.
- Must-Carry Items:
- Carry snacks and drinking water
- If an adv friend is tagging along, carry some snacks in the panniers/top-box, a nice flask of filter coffee, to sit at the sunrise view point, sip, chat and relax 🥰
- Be Responsible, DO NOT DISCARD WASTE around the Penukonda Hill and its ruins, carry them back in a plastic bag and discard in a proper dustbin
- Look out for the monkeys in the vicinity
- Premium Fuel Stations Enroute:
- Plenty of IOC XP95 bunks + Shell Premium fuel stations until turn from the NH44 to Penukonda town
- Public Toilets: No designated public toilets are available enroute
- Total Circuit Distance: 280 kms
- Full Route:
- Esteem Mall, Hebbal, Bengaluru > Devanahalli > Bagepalli > Penukonda hill > Seoul Store, Penukonda > Hotel Vyshali, Penukonda > Bagepalli > Devanahalli> Esteem Mall, Hebbal, Bengaluru
- Google Maps Link of the route: https://maps.app.goo.gl/9edD5WRpjVFvedVHA
- Seoul Store, Penukonda:
- Open from 8 am, The Seoul Store on NH-44, Penukonda [Google Maps Link] is a slice of mini-Korea here stocking most of the Korean snacks, sauces, instant noodles, bakery items and cold beverages.
- The Korean snacks and beverages are expensive, but if you fancy their cuisine – its worth a try!
- Must Eat: Tankboy Grapes Ice cream (they have multiple fruit-based flavours of the same) | Costs INR 180
- Motorcycle Parking: free parking outside the supermarket
- Mode of payment: accepts cash, debit, credit cards and UPI only
- On the 1st Floor is a Korean Restaurant – which opens only by 11 am. We couldn’t taste the food here, but I am bound to return for a lunch ride.
- Breakfast Stop:
- Hotel Vyshali Family Restaurant, Penukonda [Google Maps Link] | The food is decent, not lip-smacking good. Among the limited breakfast options Enroute, Hotel Vyshali fares better
- Must Eat: Idly vada, Puri Sagu, filter coffee, Masala Dosa
- Motorcycle Parking: free parking outside the hotel
- Mode of payment: accepts cash and UPI only [No credit/debit cards are accepted]
- Take it easy and relish the ride: while the circuit distance may seem long, don’t get hustled, ride at your comfortable pace, soak-in the views, cherish the time with your motorcycle group and enjoy the ride 😊
The Penukonda sunrise circuit is a fantastic loop to ride, take pictures, chat with your buddies and just chill, it’s not a touristy circuit, ideal for an unwind ride 🤟🏻
ALWAYS ON A MOTORCYCLE:
✅ Wear Full Riding Gear
✅ Be courteous, Respect the speed limits on public road/highways & Go Easy on the throttle while crossing a village
✅ Hammer the racetrack, pace the street
✅ DO NOT Litter, carry back your disposable bottles/snack wrappers etc