Back in 2005/2006, Cocoa Tree introduced the “cafe culture to Kochi” and ever since has been serving delicious coffees, pastas, burgers, milkshakes, pastries, cakes, sandwiches and more.
Located within the Avenue Regent Hotel on MG road, Cocoa Tree cafe has set the tone for the newer cafés in Kochi city and in Fort Kochi in terms of quality of food, great service and ambiance.
While the menu of Cocoa Tree has evolved since 2005, it’s current avatar is still a beacon of tasty food, even for the odd vegetarian 😉
- Spicy Fries and Potato Wedges: fried and seasoned to perfection, the potato fries and wedges are supremely delicious. What I don’t understand is that both are not on the Menu, yet you can order them 😳
- Chocolate Excess Milkshake: thick, rich chocolate excess cake based milkshake churned with loads of vanilla ice cream – heaven !!
- Vietnamese Iced Cafe: the best cold coffee on the menu, great balance of coffee and sweetness.
- Basil Pesto Pasta: pesto sauce on the creamy/cheesy side – very delicious
- Mushroom Melt Sandwich: one of the best sandwiches loaded with grilled mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, cheddar cheese and basil mayo 😋
- Loaded Mac and Cheese: very rich, creamy and yumm..
- Strawberry Cheesecake: cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries – master class 😍
- Chocolate Overload with scoop of vanilla ice-cream: if you are a chocolate fan, this is the ultimate chocolate dessert they offer – bloody damn good!
- Read the Menu: Especially If you are a vegetarian, as some seemingly veg food may have a non-veg ingredient.
- Ex: Loaded Mac & Cheese is topped with with bacon pieces – so ask them to not add the bacon topping OR give the bacon topping separately in a bowl
- Ordering the Desserts: desserts on the menu are limited, check out the display counter for more options of cakes, pastries and ask them pair it with your fav scoop of icecream and chocolate/caramel sauce
- Air conditioned cafe with comfortable seating and pleasant ambiance
- Suitable for friends, couples, family and kids
- High chair for kids: available
- Service: The entire staff are warm, hospitable and easy going 👍🏻
- Clean, separate toilets for men and women are present
- Wheelchair Accessibility:
- Restroom: Yes
- Entrance: Yes
- Seating: available
- Home delivery of food: available on popular food delivery apps
- Cars: free parking with valet assistance in the backside of Avenue Regent Hotel + limited parking spots on the front side of the cafe
- Motorcycles: free parking in the backside of Avenue Regent Hotel
- Mode of Payment: Accept cash, cards and UPI
- Timings: Open all days of the week: 11am to 11pm
- Location: Cocoa Tree, MG road, Kochi [link to Google Maps]
- Other Branches of Cocoa Tree:
- Panampilly Nagar
- Kakkanad (Closed Permanently)
Leave a Reply