“Steamed, Fried, Schezwan, Manchurian, Afghani and even Cheese Baked” veg and chicken momos that taste out of world 😋, washed down with bubble ice tea and the nostalgic softy ice cream – all this is in a small shop overlooking a beautiful park 😍 in the posh residential-commercial neighbourhood of Panampilly nagar in Kochi.
As with most momos shops, Shifu Momos started in 2012 as a small roadside cart that has now grown into a bustling full-spec takeaway restaurant.
While most make good chicken momos, Shifu Momos have aced them both (veg and chicken momos) 💯.
- Classic Momos: steamed momos made to perfection 💯
- Crispy/Fried Momos: lip smacking fried delight 😋
- Schezwan Momos: steamed momos are fried and then cooked in spicy schezwan sauce – my favourite ❤️
- Afghani Momos: latest addition to their menu, fried momos cooked in a non-spicy, creamy white sauce
- Cheese Baked Momos: momos stuffed with melted cheese
- Momos Platter: if you are a 1st timer, go with Shifu’s Momos Platter that contains 3 different types of momos (4 pieces of each flavour)
- Bubble Ice Tea: Very tasty, loaded with sugar and bobas
- Softy Ice-cream: Soft ice-cream on a cone – choose between vanilla, chocolate, mix (half vanilla + half chocolate)
- Momos Chutney: All momos are served with lip-smacking spicy red momos chutney and thick, delicious white mayo – feel free to ask for a refill 😊
- Chowmein: They used to make chowmein noodles topped with momos, but this has been discontinued 😢
- Be an early bird: due to demand, they run out of momos by 7pm/730pm
- How to order:
- Choose between veg or chicken
- Choose the size [full plate is 10 pieces, half plate is 5 pieces]
- Followed by the flavour/type [Classic/Crispy Fried/Schezwan/Manchurian/Afghani/Cheese Baked]
- Pay first and collect your order
- Takeaway only [get the food, find a spot to eat by the footpath/public park opposite the shop/ in your car]
- NO dine-in
- Listed on popular food-delivery apps
- Restroom: NO restroom facility for the patrons
- Family/Couples/kids friendly:
- Opposite Shifu Momos is a beautiful public park to relish the food
- ⚠️ Kindly DO NOT litter the park, carry back the thrash to throw into the dustbins at the momos shop ⚠️
- No dedicated, valet parking for cars and motorcycles
- Find a public parking spot on your own for both cars and motorcycles
- Payment: Cash, UPI, wallet payment, debit/credit cards are not accepted
- Open: Monday to Saturday- 3pm to 8:30pm
- Closed: Sunday
- Location: Shifu Momos, Panampilly Nagar, Kochi [Google Maps link]
The combination of quality, delicious food and pocket-friendly prices draw momos fans from every corner of the city and even travellers into Shifu Momos.