Its Hot Chocolate Weather in Namma Bengaluru 😍
☕️ Discover the cafes that serve the best hot chocolate in Bengaluru and how to identify a cafe that makes great hot chocolate ☕️.
How to find a cafe with great hot chocolate?
It’s all about the ingredients – before ordering a hot chocolate, ask the waiter/cafe owner/chef on what they add to the hot chocolate.
- Stay away if its a hot chocolate/cocoa powder especially the ones you get in a supermarket
- The main ingredient of a decadent hot chocolate is good quality ‘dark-chocolate bar’ or ‘dark-chocolate chips’
- Cafes with delicious, rich hot chocolate make a ‘Chocolate Ganache mixture’ (a thick paste made of quality dark chocolate bar melted with butter, fresh/whipped cream, milk and sugar in secret proportions), this chocolate ganache determines the thickness, flavour and % of dark chocolate in the hot chocolate drink
☕️ The below list of cafés in Bengaluru making delicious, rich hot chocolate use good quality dark chocolate bars/chips and not ready-mix cocoa powders to create a sinful indulgence.
Smoor Lounge – Multiple outlets across Bengaluru
It’s an expensive affair, but their pastries, desserts, cakes are delicious nonetheless.
Attentive staff and plush, comfortable ambiance.
- Types of hot chocolate served : Belgian Classic Dark, Classic Milk, Spiced hot chocolate, Hazelnut, Caramel Hot Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Cafe
- My favourites: Spiced Hot Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Cafe
- Price: INR 230 to 250
- Location: Smoor Lounge across Bengaluru (Indiranagar, Jayanagar, Koramangala, Kamanhalli, RMV 2nd Stage)
- Parking: limited private parking Smoor customers for motorcycles and cars
GroundUp Coffee, Jayanagar and Residency Road
The new wave of coffee shops that procure, roast and serve coffee from single-origin heritage estate. Limited food/snack menu, decent coffee (hot, cold, cold-brew), but their ice teas and hot chocolate are brilliant.
Cafe ambiance is good, more inclined towards a working cafe, than a place to relax with friends.
- Types of hot chocolate served : Signature Hot Chocolate
- My favourite: Signature Hot Chocolate
- Price: INR 240
- Location: They have 2 outlets
- Parking: free public parking for motorcycles and cars
Happy Belly Bakes – Multiple outlets across Bengaluru
Delicious all day breakfast, crepes, pizzas, waffles, pastas, quiches, kombucha, Ice teas and an array of desserts such as pastries, cakes, cookies, doughnuts, cheesecakes, gingerbreads, cake sickle and cupcakes 😋.
The Primrose road outlet (near Trinity Metro Station) sports a mini-library with comfortable seats, cosy interiors and friendly-staff.
- Types of hot chocolate served: Hot Chocolate, Dark Hot Chocolate
- My favourite: Dark Hot Chocolate
- Price: INR 140
- Location: Happy Belly Bakes across Bengaluru (Primrose Road, Benson Town, Indiranagar)
- Parking: limited private parking Happy Belly Bakes customers for motorcycles and cars
Everything they serve is delicious – croissants, coffee, pastas, pastries, sandwiches, english breakfast, ice tea and more 😋.
Complimenting the delicious food are the ever-polite staff and comfortable, pleasant ambiance of the cafe.
- Types of hot chocolate served: Classic, Raspberry, Peanut butter Hot Chocolate – all served with marshmallows
- My favourite: Belgian Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows (Classic)
- Price: INR 250
- Location: Lavonne Cafe, St Marks Road (Google Maps link)
- Parking: paid public parking for motorcycles and cars
Delicious premium coffee, hot chocolate, good food, delectable pastries, overlooking a massive football turf come together in this pet-friendly coffee shop located in Ulsoor.
- Types of hot chocolate served: Milk & Vanilla, Dark
- My favourites: Dark Hot Chocolate
- Price: INR 185
- Location: Maverick & Farmer Coffee, Halasuru (Google Maps link)
- Parking: paid parking within the cafe premesis for motorcycles and cars
- Service: Its a pre-paid cafe – one has to place the order, pay-first at the billing-counter and then food is served at your table. It’s annoying when in a big group, customer has to remember a large order, queue up at the counter to order