Named after the rum-infused French dessert, Baba Au Rhum is a French cafe-restaurant, bakery, pizzeria in Anjuna, North Goa.
Its claim to fame is the delicious fare of english breakfast, coffees, pizzas, breads, cakes, burgers, croissants, pasta, craft beer – augmented with great music and outdoor seating under the trees overlooking a paddy field.
- Hummus Platter with Fried Mushroom: This starter served with bread and veggie sticks is absolutely delicious, especially the hummus 😋
- Plate of French fries: Served with 3-dips of tomato ketchup, mayo and mustard sauce – the fries are very tasty and compliment the beer
- Eggplant Parmigiana (Veg): Thin slices of eggplant layered with tomato sauce, fresh basil and plenty of parmesan and mozzarella cheese – supremely delicious. Hands-down the “best veg main-course on the menu” 😍
- Mushroom Pizza: Thin-crust 13-inch pizza, loved the taste and texture of the pizza.
- 4-Cheese Pasta (Veg): If you are a cheese-lover – don’t miss this, extremely cheesy and delicious pasta
- Vietnamese Coffee & Cold Coffee: Loved them both, right balance of coffee and sweetness
- Croissants: This is the best croissant in Goa – choose between a regular or an almond croissant
- Baguette Sandwich & Croissant Sandwich: While we couldn’t try these, most of the patrons and staff vouch for their deliciousness.
- Best Cafe for breakfast, after late night partying in North Goa
- Don’t miss the Bakery and Desserts Menu at the cafe entrance
- Online/Phone Reservations to book a table: Not accepted
- Anticipate a waiting-time at the cafe, since it gets crowded during popular hours especially during the tourist season
- Staff is very helpful and polite
- Alcohol and Smoking Info:
- Full-bar menu of Cocktails, Wines, Hard-liquor, Craft Beer (tap and bottled) and Branded bottled beer are available
- No Hookah
- Smoking inside the cafe is allowed [No separate smoking and non-smoking areas in the cafe]
- Casual, Non-AC, Outdoor cafe with music,
- Family and Kids-friendly: Yes, but limited [since there is no separate smoking/non-smoking areas]
- EV Charging Point: Not available for cars & 2-wheelers
- Wheelchair Friendliness:
- Entry and seating areas of the cafe are accessible by wheelchair
- Wheelchair Friendly Toilets: Not available
- Cars: No valet parking, one has to find a car parking spot on his/her own around the by lanes of the cafe
- Motorcycles: can park right outside the cafe
- Toilets: clean, separate western-style toilets for men & women are present in the cafe
- Hours of operation:
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday to Monday: 9 am to 5 pm and 6 pm to 10 pm
- Billing Info:
- 22% VAT is added to all alcoholic beverages
- Service charge is added to all food, beverage orders (along with CGST & SGST)
- Mode of payment: they accept Cash, Credit/Debit Cards and UPI
- Location: Baba Au Rhum, Anjuna, Goa [Google Maps Link]
Due to the pandemic – the quality of the food across the other popular cafes has deteriorated with the change in cooking staff and other reasons. However Baba Au Rhum has managed to retain the delicious taste of food since.
If you don’t mind the smoking, Baba Au Rhum ticks all the right boxes of delicious food, lovely ambience, great stuff and good music to deliver a wonderful dining experience in North Goa.
Leave a Reply