Established in 1988 by Mr.Bedi Kizilkaya, Turkish Central Restaurant on Al Mirqab Al Jadeed Street serves delicious fare of Turkish, Arabic and Mediterranean food.
From Appetizers such as assorted Mezze platter, hummus, salads, French fries etc to main course grills, Turkish breads, shawarma sandwiches, shawarma meals, BBQ with rice, Pies (Fatayar), fresh fruit juices and even sweets like Kunafa – they have them all and they make them absolutely good!!
Fret not if you are a Vegetarian – their assortment of breads (Turkish breads, tomato bread etc), hummus, falafel, baba ghanoush, olive salad taste supreme over the non-vegetarian fare.
Loaded with grilled shawarma, pickled veggies, tomato breads, lots of French fries – their plate chicken shawarma meal tastes brilliant and even the smallest portion seemed daunting (after gorging on the Turkish breads and hummus – slurp!!)
- Mixed Appetiser: a vegetarian platter containing 6 different types of Arabic mezze such as hummus, Olive salad, baba ghanoush, garlic sauce, chilli salad, filtered yoghurt etc [the best accomplice to eat with meat/Turkish breads/French fries]
- Plate Chicken Shawarma Meal: this is the best shawarma I have tasted so far!
- Fresh Fruit Juices: Mango, Strawberry, Watermelon, Kiwi etc – they have at-least 10-15 types of fruit juices
- Kunafa: cheese kunafa is delicious – perfect sweet to finish the meal 🙂
- Garlic mayo or Garlic sauce : this dip used to be complimentary, but now they charge extra (best dip to eat – don’t miss to order)
- Hummus: smooth and flavourful
- Olive Salad: a simple salad made of green olives- brilliant !
- Ambiance: Basic, fully air-conditioned restaurant
- Separate section for family
- Family, kids friendly + best visited in a group
- Complimentary Bread basket: With every order, a bread basket containing Turkish bread, Tomato bread etc is served – which is absolutely delicious, we gorged on this and later had to parcel most of the main course 😀
- Bukhari Rice: If you are an Indian, don’t order, since the Bukhari rice is non spicy and tastes flat (the Turkish, Arabic breads beat the rice in taste)
- Expect a waiting time outside the restaurant, don’t get worked up by the queue, the food is worth the wait 🙂
- Avoid Thursday evening/night – it gets very crowded and waiting times kinda become infinite
- Food Service is quick, Don’t hang around, be considerate of the people waiting outside to eat
- Cars and motorcycles: no dedicated parking place + No valet parking + finding parking on the road is tough
- Recommend to park them near Al Mirqab Mall and walk to the restaurant
- Service options: Dine-in, Delivery and takeaway
- Wheelchair accessible parking: NO
- Seating: NO
- Restroom: NO
- Payment: cash and cards (credit and debit)
- Timings: Open all days of the week – 11am to 1:30am
- Toilet: Present, separate for men and women
- Location: Turkish Central Restaurant, Al Mirqab Al Jadeed Street, Doha [Google Maps Link]
Turkish Central Restaurant is the beacon of fresh, delicious, value-for-money Turkish, Arabic, Mediterranean food in Doha.
Bring your best appetite to eat, get as many friends/family to share the meal 😊
bil-hanā’ wa ash-shifā’ 😋
Leave a Reply