South Bengaluru is home to 2 distinct types of Karnataka cuisine – the vegetarian fare of darshinis and nati Karnataka-style non-veg hotels.
While the popular ones draw long waiting queues, get featured on vlogs and can getaway with average-to-bad food – the ones that “satisfy the taste buds of locals every single meal, every single day” stand in obscurity.
One such nati-style hotel is New Prashanth Hotel located opposite Eshwari Theatre on BSK 3rd stage ring road. For over 10 years, they have been serving lip-smacking, spicy nati-style chicken and mutton dishes.
What to eat:
- Akki Roti: While they serve the regular chapati, ragi mudde etc – the Akki roti served here compliments deliciously with your favourite egg/chicken/mutton dish
- Chicken Fry and Chicken Masala : goes well with Akki roti and biryani
- Chicken/Mutton Biryani: a meal is incomplete without the biryani – cooked to perfection it’s complimented well with a curd-based salad and sherwa
- Mutton Kheema balls and Mutton Fry: are the crowd favourites
- Ambiance: Indoor seating, Non-AC and family friendly (they have a separate section for Family). Finger-bowl will be provided to wash hands after the meal
- Wheelchair Access: wheelchair friendly – restaurant is located on 2nd floor with access via an elevator and staircase
- Soft drinks: they serve soft drinks [biryani is incomplete without one :)]
- No alcohol/beer is served + No Smoking
- Motorcycles: free parking on the footpath below the restaurant
- Cars: no dedicated parking place, numerous by lanes to find a parking spot
- Mode of payment: Cash + Mobile wallets + UPI + Credit/debit cards
- Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday to Sunday: 12 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 11 pm
- Monday holiday
- Location: New Prashanth Hotel, Opp Eshwari Theatre, BSK 3rd Stage, Bengaluru [Google Maps Link]
- For the vegetarian: very limited options to eat, best to avoid
Leave a Reply