Started 8 years ago, Amba Bhavani is a completely women-led non-veg catering and dine-in restaurant located on a quiet private lane in Basavangudi.
Popular among locals for the delicious mutton, chicken dishes and biryani, food is served outdoors akin to a French Bistro (minus the wine).
What to eat ?
Chicken and Mutton Biryani:
The most popular item on the menu, the biryani served is a delicious mix of Karnataka and Maharashtra style of cooking – mildly spicy and full of flavour
The best kabab you can eat in south Bengaluru – supremely tasty
Chicken and Mutton Fry:
Succulent and soft meat cooked to perfection, High on flavour and medium spicy
- Ambiance: Seating is outdoors on the private road with chairs and tables with umbrellas.
- Seating capacity of 10-12 people at a single point of time
- Service: Akin to a fast food chain – one has to order, pay and pick up the food at the restaurant and head out to the seating/dining area
- Menu: prior to ordering ask them/ look for the daily menu board ( the menu of non-veg dishes is updated on a regular basis)
- Sunday Breakfast: Served only on a Sunday, breakfast menu has all the non-veg dishes (chicken and mutton), lamb- leg soup along with idly
- Wheelchair Access: The dining/seating area is wheelchair friendly
- Soft drinks: they serve soft drinks [biryani is incomplete without one :)]
- Motorcycles: free parking on the private lane of the restaurant
- Cars: no dedicated parking place, numerous by lanes to find a parking spot
- Mode of payment: Cash + Mobile wallets + UPI [they don’t accept credit/debit cards]
- Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday to Saturday: 12 pm to 4 pm (lunch only)
- Sunday: 7 am to 4 pm (breakfast + lunch)
- Monday holiday
- Location: Amba Bhavani Non-veg Caterers and Mess, Basavangudi, Bengaluru [Google Maps Link]
- For the vegetarian: very limited options to eat, best to avoid
- Dessert: biryani lunch is incomplete without a dessert – there is a corner house ice-cream about 400m from Amba Bhavani