We often overlook our backyard in pursuit of the beyond. One such hidden gem is New Prakash Hotel located in Hosakerehalli, Bangalore that has been serving delicious Karnataka-style non-veg food for over 12 years.
The menu is simple but a lip-smacking spread of medium-spicy mutton, chicken an egg dishes that can be coupled with biryani ( mutton and chicken), white rice, ragi mudde and chapatis.
What to eat:
My personal favorites include:
- Biryani (both chicken and mutton are good) served with curd-raita, lemon pieces and a dollop of spicy green chutney + chicken sherwa
- Chicken fry – semi-gravy spicy chicken pieces
- Mutton kaima balls
- Mudde and mutton chops
Sunday-only Breakfast: includes
- dosas with chicken or mutton gravy
- Biryani rice only is also available
- Breakfast time: 6:30 am to 10:30 am (Sunday only)
- Ambiance: It is a very basic, no-frill setup with separate dine-in section for families. No air-conditioning
- Mode of payment: only cash and popular Mobile wallets such as GooglePay, PhonePe, PayTM etc are accepted (No card payments)
- Parking: ample parking for cars and motorcycles in surrounding lanes (no dedicated parking)
- Monday to Saturday (12 pm to 3 pm and 7pm to 10 pm)
- Sunday ( 6:30 am to 10:30 am breakfast only+ 12 pm to 3 pm and 7 pm to 10 pm)
- Bottled water and soft drinks are available
- A stiff shot of hot and spicy rasam to drink is served at the end of every meal – it’s the perfect end to this type of food
- The hotel is located on the 1st floor accessible only by steps (no elevator)
- Food Parcel: available (but not listed on food delivery apps like Swiggy and Zomato)
- Contact: Mr. Jayaram +919972875814
- Location: New Prakash Hotel, Hosakerehalli-cross, Bangalore (Google Maps)
New Prakash Hotel is a no frill hotel serving delicious non-veg food with good service – no flamboyant theatrics.
Simple, value for money and delicious food that draws a steady flow of patrons.