When it comes to finding authentic food, trust the locals – based on the recommendation of a co-passenger in the local bus, I stumbled upon this ‘mess-type’ bar & restaurant in Calangute serving Goan Fish Curry Rice Thali.
Sai Prasad Restaurant looks like a proper ‘hole in the wall’ place with minimum ambiance packed with delicious food and beer. Although they serve pretty much everything from the sea, its the Goan Fish Curry Thali which holds the numero-uno place among the patrons.
The Goan Fish Curry Rice Thali is a delicious meal comprising of Goan Fish Curry, Rava-fry Fish, Salad, White Rice, Pickle, Subzi, Papad, Yellow Dal with coconut (trust me it tastes good) and Rava-fried potato fritters (do not forget to ask for more fritters).
- Cash only, No cards or Paytm payment
- Timings: 12 pm to 4 pm & 8:30 pm to 11 pm
- Orientation: Calangute Goa – Google Maps Link
- Parking: Motorcycles can be easily parked, no dedicated parking for cars (One can park the car in Calangute Mall & walk to the restaurant which isn’t more than 100m from the Mall)
- Ditch the regularly crowded ‘Baga-Anjuna-Vagator sector’ and head to Morjim Beach to spend time with turtles and for beach football 🙂
- Enroute Morjim – DO NOT forget to soak in the views from Chopdem-Siolim Bridge across River Chapora
Leave a Reply