One of my fond memories during my engineering days at MSRIT, Bangalore was belting ‘Station Idly-Vada’ after college at Sri Raghavendra Stores – in fact couple of my friends have spent more time here than in the engineering labs 😛
Sri Raghavendra Stores, a modest little place outside the Malleshwaram Railway Station has been serving baby-soft idlys, crispy vadas and delicious chow chow bath (combination of kesari bath and khara bath) and shavige bath (south-Indian version of rice noodles) since 1970’s completing the holy-trinity of south-Indian breakfast places in Malleshwaram with CTR and Veena Stores.
The menu has only 6 items – Idly Vada, Shavige Bath, Chow Chow Bath, Coffee, Tea and Kashaya (a herbal drink, which is a concoction of aromatic spices – the healthy substitute to tea/coffee) and everything served here are absolutely delicious 🙂
Chow Chow Bath:
Yes, you don’t get them separately 😛 In-fact this is their most sold item on the menu followed by Idly Vada.
Soft-idlis that melt once they hit your mouth and the hot-crispy vada with the chutney makes it complete. Don’t forget to ask for extra butter while ordering the Idly-Vada, the taste is worth the calories 😀
The coffee is ok, not great, but perfect to wash down the food.
- Only Chutney is served – No Sambar (You will be banished if you ask for sambar)
- Self Service: no dedicated place to sit and eat
- Cash only , no cards are accepted
- Timings 6am to 11am and 4pm to 9pm (Open all days of the week)
- Prepaid Food system and they parcel as well
- Location: Sri Raghavendra Stores, near Malleshwaram Railway Station, Bangalore
Leave a Reply