Craving for Thai food in Bengaluru..
Look no further than Thai Basil, a small Thai restaurant in Indiranagar overshadowed by the bustle of the surrounding pubs and restaurants.
Thai Basil (previously called Thai House) serves lip-smacking, authentic Thai fare of vegetarian, chicken, seafood (fish, prawns, squids etc) and beef dishes.
What to eat:
Like most Thai restaurants, the menu is pictorial – you can see the image of the dish on the menu (super convenient on what to expect)
I highly recommend to try the below:
- Papaya salad (can be ordered as veg/seafood/fish/egg etc) is absolutely refreshing, tasty and not heavy on the stomach.
- Tom Yum soup (can be ordered as veg/seafood/fish/chicken) is a riot of flavours , aromatic and cooked to perfection with spices
- Note: 1 bowl of soup is massive and can serve 4 persons
- Drink: Ice Lemon tea is my favourite, they do serve soft drinks as well
- Main Course:
- Thai Red Curry and Thai Green Curry: both are delicious and supercharged with strong aromatic spices.Pair this with a bowl of sticky rice or steamed white rice.
- Pad Thai Noodles: Non-spicy, rich in flavour and very tasty. They come with a load of sprouts and crushed peanut powder – that add the crunch and elevate the taste.
- Note: the main course portions are big, so order as you go.
- Dessert: very limited options, it’s best to avoid this and head out to your favourite ice-cream/pastry shop in Indiranagar
- Strawberry Desserts: head to Milano ice cream, about 500m from Thai House to savour the strawberry sundae made from fresh strawberries.
- Ambiance: Family-friendly + AC restaurant with a seating capacity of about 30-35 persons.
- Wheelchair access: Yes (it’s on the ground floor, so wheelchair can be wheeled-in)
- Vegetarians: Consider the following before visiting:
- Restaurant smells of sea-food (not very strong, but certainly present) due to the nature of cooking
- Vegetables added to the veg-dishes are limited to tofu, mushrooms, corn etc
- Cars: No dedicated parking space or valet parking (lots of by lanes with designated parking space)
- Motorcycles: free parking on the curb of the restaurant
- Cost of meal: INR 800 for 2 persons
- No beer/alcohol is served at the restaurant
- Mode of payment: Cash, debit/credit cards, UPI payment are accepted
- Service: is good and quick (before ordering, ask for food ingredients, spices to ensure you aren’t allergic)
- Timings: 11:30 am to 11 pm ( open all days of the week)
- Location: Thai Basil, 100 feet road, Indiranagar, Bengaluru (google maps link)
Leave a Reply