Inspired by the “one for me, one for the wall” movement, Sanchigondu is a community service initiative in which customers can volunteer to buy coupons at select restaurants to buy a meal for the economically disadvantageous amid the Covid-19 crisis across different restaurants in Bengaluru.
How to gift a meal ?
- Locate a restaurant displaying the Sanchigondu board (Refer the list of supporting restaurants in Bengaluru)
- Along with your food, Buy a token for the needy (value of the token varies basis the restaurant and its value is fixed by the restaurant owner)
- Drop the token in the dedicated box.
- The token in the box will be used by the needy who cannot afford a meal.
Who started Sanchigondu – gift a meal initiative ?
It is conceived by Bruhat Bangalore Hotels Association (BBHA) and Rotary Bangalore South Parade in association with Corona Warriors Banashankari.
List of restaurants in Bengaluru to buy a free meal:
- Vidyarthi Bhavan, Basavangudi
- Ganesh food joint, Jayamahal
- Nisarga Garden Veg Restaurant, Infantry Road
- ParkView Vegetarian Fast Food Restaurant, JP Nagar 3rd phase
- Anna Kuteera, Katriguppe
- Bunt’s Biriyani Palace, Mysore bank colony
- hotel Dwarka NR colony
- Kakal kai Ruchi, JP Nagar and Konanakunte (both branches)
- Kamat Hotel, Avenue Road
- Priyadarshini restaurant, SC Road
- Rajatadri Hotel, Jayanagar 7th block
- SLV coffee bar, BSK 2nd stage
- UB upahaar, Kumaraswamy Layout
- Udupi Sri krishna Bhavan, Gandhi bazaar
- Nandana palace, all branches
- Chaitanya Veg, all branches
- Srinidhi Sagar, all branches
- Vasudev Adigas, all branches
- Halli Mane, Malleshwaram
- Gokul Veg, all branches
For the most updated list of restaurants – follow Sanchigondu on Twitter
Head out to your nearest restaurant and gift a meal : )