While Hassan is the gateway to some of my favorite places such as Chikmagalur, Belur-Halebeed, Sakleshpur, Kudremukh etc.
I could never find a breakfast place in Hassan worthy to blog- until I heard about HVR Veg Hotel from a buddy who studied in Hassan and it turned out to be great one.
HVR Veg Hotel has been dishing out delicious dosas, idly and vadas in a quite residential colony of Hassan town for over 25 years. Although they have a branch in Sheshadripuram, Bangalore – the original one is worth a breakfast ride!!
What to Eat:
Fluffy set dosa served as a pack-of-3-dosas/plate with aloo palya and delicious chutney.
Super soft Idly with steamed veggies served as a pack-of-3 idlis/plate with chutney.
Benne Khali Dosa:
Crispy dosas made with butter served as a pack-of-2-dosas/plate with aloo palya and chutney and don’t forget to add crispy vadas.
- They don’t serve sambar, only chutney
- Don’t hesitate to ask for less number of idlis and dosas per plate – you would be charged accordingly and helps to try more items on the menu
- Cash only, no cards are accepted
- Parking: No dedicated parking, plenty of bylanes to park motorcycles and cars
- Monday to Saturday: 7 am to 12 pm and 4 pm to 9 pm
- Sunday: 7 am to 12 pm only
- Location: HVR Veg Hotel, Basettikoppal Main Rd, Krishnaraja Pura, Hassan Link to Google Maps
Wish you all a fabulous 2018 🙂
Ride safe and hard!!