Motorcycles represent ‘freedom’ and ‘speed’. While we are adept at handling freedom, handling speed needs training and situational awareness – what better place to learn, unlearn and practice them, than at a riding school on a racetrack.
TWO (Throttle Wide Open) by Indimotard Adventures is first track riding school in India helping you get faster, better and become more aware of riding a motorcycle in the smoothest possible way.
What to Expect at TWO ?
Conducted at Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore, the 2-day riding school consists of theory-classes called Sessions and track riding time called Drill, where the techniques taught in the classroom are put to practice on the racetrack.
They have 3 categories or levels at the riding school:
- Level 1 or L1 for beginners who have never ridden on a racetrack
- Level 2 or L2 is the next level where advanced techniques are taught. L2 need completion of L1.
- Open Sessions are pure track-riding time and has no classroom time. Open sessions need completion of L1.
I attended the L1 track sessions which covered motorcycle basics, survival reactions, vision, target fixation, body position, counter-steering, throttle control, cornering and brakes.
Indimotard Team (Track Instructors)
- Anand Dharmaraj aka Anna, the brainchild & founder of Indimotard
- Shubhabrata Marmar aka Shumi from Overdrive magazine
- Vignesh Vaidyanathan aka the monk who was one of the first students to complete all levels at TWO and CSS
- Daniel Anandaraj aka Dodo whose motto is to Shut Up and Ride 😀
Indimotard Team (Track Officials)
Prashanth Kumar aka the Nomad & Pavan Shrikanth to ensure things work smoothly on and off the track.
For L1, the max intake of students is 25 to 30, allocated across the 4 instructors who lead, follow & monitor your riding on the track, providing feedback and tips to improve.
- Riding Gear: Although Leather riding suit is preferred, Indimotard allows textile riding gear (which is scrutinized in great detail to ensure safety before riding) + Helmet, riding gloves and shoes are mandatory
- Track Day Fees is INR 13,500 per person includes track sessions + classroom + lunch for both days + 4 liters of water + Transport to and from the race track to the Hotel in Coimbatore town
- Additional Expenses:
- Fuel for track riding
- Reaching Coimbatore
- Hotel Accommodation
- Motorcycle Transport from Bangalore to Coimbatore is available for INR 4,200 per motorcycle (to-and-fro)
- Track Time: On an average, we did about 120 laps over the 2 days
- DO not miss to relish the delicious biryani and meals at Hotel Annalakshmi opposite Coimbatore Railway Junction
Thank You Indimotard team for helping me understand the art of riding a motorcycle better, train ‘To Act Not React’ in situations and become a ‘more-aware’ motorcyclist.
Leave a Reply