Rayaru’s Kitchen brings the authentic flavors of Karnataka cuisine to central Bangalore with a delicious spread of ragi mudde, donne biryani, mutton chops, chicken saaru etc. with outlets in Indiranagar and Ulsoor.
Run by Mr. Laxman, Rayaru’s Kitchen is based out of a parking-lot on the street adjacent to Nilgiris Supermarket on Ulsoor Road with minimum ambiance. This outlet being a sub-set of the one in Indiranagar, food is brought-in limited quantities and doesn’t have the entire spread.
Donne Biryani is the traditional Karnataka biryani which is cooked more like a pulao (unlike the layered-style cooking) and served in bowls made out of areca-nut palm leaf.
One can choose from biryani-rice or naati-koli (country-breed chicken) donne biryani or farm-breed donne biryani.
The most popular and traditional Karnataka preparation cooked using Ragi (finger millet) flour, salt and water, best enjoyed with spicy chicken/mutton saaru (stew or sambar or gravy), a staple component of South-Indian cuisine.
- Timings: 12 pm to 3:30 pm (Open from Monday to Friday only)
- Contact Number: Mr. Laxman +917483241249
- Location: Nilgiris Supermarket Ulsoor Road (Reach there and ask for directions)
- Food is brought in limited quantity, so highly recommend to call Mr. Laxman
- Ample parking for bikes and cars
- Cash only, no cards are accepted
- Don’t forget to relish the complimentary soup!!
Leave a Reply